The Journey

Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl!  

I know, I know... I apologize for being a very bad blogger!!  But as you can see by this beautiful picture I have been busy with much more precious things that take up my time!! It is hard to believe that Lydia has been home with us for 10 weeks now.  On one hand it seems like she has been with us forever, then on another I feel like "where has the time gone?"  She is a sweet, precious, independent, funny, dramatic little girl.  We cannot imagine life without her.  And now she is 1 year old! 

If you are wondering why she is dressed this way- well, it is a tradition in Korea that on a child's first birthday they wear a traditional dress called a hanbok.  Lydia's foster mom bought this for her and was a gift from their family.  I have to say this is one of very few that we could get her to smile.  That dress is extremely long and extremely HOT!  But she was a cutey in the hanbok while it lasted! 

I want you all to know that every day I look at her and I am reminded of how grateful I am to our Lord for sending people like you to help us in this journey.  We are and will always be eternally grateful.  For anyone out there who may be considering adoption let me tell you from one who has done this thing twice, there is no greater love.  You worry that you will not love them like you love others (especially biological children) but God gives you a love for them even before you know them.  Hmm... kinda sounds like a story I have heard before.  Yes, the story of God's love for us!! The Gospel!  God loved us even before we existed on this earth.  He cares for us and even when we fail and make dumb decisions He still loves us and wants us to be part of His family.  I can say that I understand that now in a way that I did not before we adopted.  To see a child who is fatherless and to know that God had already planned for them to be part of your family and for you to love them as your own flesh and blood seems strange and maybe even impossible for some to believe.  We loved Lydia even before we saw her picture.  How great the Father in heaven's love must be for us if He loved us even before we were born and continued to live in sin yet loved us even more to die for us on a cross!

May you be encouraged today that your Father loves you. 

Now I have to go to bed so that I can get a few hours of sleep before our little one is up and going again!!!

Resting in His Amazing Grace and Love.
Angie 

No comments:

Post a Comment